Friday, March 25, 2011
10 Tips for effective follow up with prospects
In this post I am writing about the tips for effective follow up with prospects. Effective follow up plays an important role in closing a sales deal.
1. To start with the follow up process it is necessary to have a list of all prospects so as to track the status.
2. Keep updating the status after every follow up through email or call. Make a note of conversation had with prospect, next follow up date and next action plan.
3. If at some point of time you think that the prospect is not interested at all in your products or services then move on to the next prospect.
4. If you have sent an email to the prospect then wait for the reply for 1-2 days. If you don't get any reply from the prospect then make the follow up call.
5. Ask your prospect when would be a good time to follow up with him. Call him on the same day and at the same time as told by the prospect.
6. If the prospect is not answering your calls due to some reason then instead of calling again and again send the follow up email. You can also mention that you were trying to reach him today but could not get him on line.
7. You should have good technical knowledge about your products or services. If you think you will not be comfortable to answer questions raised by the prospect then make sure the technical person is there in the call to clarify any queries.
8. Make sure you are always polite while sending the emails.
9. Always send personalized emails
10. If your prospect is located in the same place then you can also try for a face to face meeting.
I hope this helps, please leave comments if you have any questions or thoughts on this.